"RELEASED PARTIES" AS USED HEREIN MEANS THE TKD COACH, BRYAN EVANS, TAE KWON DO TRAINING CENTER OF LEANDER, L.L.C., THEIR OWNERS, AGENTS, SERVANTS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, GUESTS, STUDENTS, AND INSTRUCTORS."
I or the minor participant will be voluntarily participating in a martial arts program. (herein referred to as "Activity") and may attend events associated therewith. I understand that such Activity is a sport and has the potential for serious physical injury. In recognition of the possible dangers connected with this sport, and in consideration of the instruction in the Activity which I or the minor participant shall be receiving from RELEASED PARTIES, I voluntarily agree to waive any right or claim I may have arising out of the instruction of my, or the minor participant's, participation in Activity. I am releasing RELEASED PARTIES from any and all liability, including medical and health care expenses, for any injury or damage to me or to the minor participant arising out of or in any way connected with the instruction or participation in an Activity EVEN IF THE INJURY OR DAMAGE IS CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER FAULT OF ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES.
I, in consideration of the services of Taekwondo Training Center, the rate charged for those services and the right to engage in Activities as a participant, hereby acknowledge, agree, promise and covenant with RELEASED PARTIES, and all other persons or entities which may be connected to or with Taekwondo Training Center as follows:
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE RELEASED PARTIES from all liability to me, or minor participant, my, his or her personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin for any and all loss, injuries, or damage, and any claim or demands therefore, on account of injury, death, or illness to me or minor participant, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES OR OTHERWISE while I, or minor
participant, am participating in any of Taekwondo Training Center events, whether it be active participation or mere observance.
2. I ACKNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTAND AND APPRECIATE THE INHERENT RISKS, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, WHICH MAY BE INVOLVED IN THE
PARTICIPATION OF ANY ACTIVITY IN TAEKWONDO TRAINING CENTER, EVENTS WHICH BY THEIR NATURE INCLUDE
INTENSE, STRESSFUL, AND STRENUOUS EXERCISES AND BODILY COTACT. I FURTHER EXPRESSLY CONSENT, UNDERSTAND AND RECOGNIZE
THAT THESE RISKS MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY OR ILLNESS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO; BRUISES, BLOODY NOSES, BROKEN
BONES, HEART ATTACKS OR OTHER CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE, OR OTHER SERIOUS INJURY THAT CAN RESULT IN DEATH. I FURTHER
UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THESE RISKS MAY RESULT IN PERSONAL CLAIMS AGAINST RELEASED PARTIES, OR CLAIMS
AGAINST ME BY OTHER PARTICIPANTS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES. I EXPRESSLY COVENANT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASED PARTIES FOR ANY
DAMAGES OR INJURIES WHICH MAY RESULT FROM MY OR THE MINOR PARTICIPANT'S PARTICIPATION IN TAEKWONDO TRAINING CENTER.
3.1 ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL RISK OF BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO; BRUISING, BLOODY NOSES, BROKEN BONES, HEART ATTACKS OR OTHER CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE, OR OTHER SERIOUS INJURY THAT CAN RESULT IN DEATH DUE TO THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASED PARTIES, WHILE PARTICIPATING IN ANY TAEKWONDO TRAINING CENTER EVENT.
4. I EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ACTIVITIES OF TAEKWONDO TRAINING CENTER MAY AND CAN BE DANGEROUS AND INVOLVE THE RISK OF SERIOUS INJURY OR ILLNESS AND/OR DEATH AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. I, OR MINOR PARTICIPANT, ACCEPT AND ASSUME THESE RISKS. I agree that this agreement of release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the state of Texas or the law of the state in which the event is conducted.
5. I release RELEASED PARTIES from any and all liability, including but not limited to medical or other health care expenses, for any injury or damage to me
(or to the minor participant) occurring while training in Taekwondo Training Center during times even when I or minor participant is not participating in any activity, EVEN IF THE INJURY OR DAMAGE IS CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER FAULT OF ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES.
6. I acknowledge and affirm that I, or the minor participant, am in good physical condition and do not suffer from any disability or other condition whatsoever which would prevent or limit participation in Taekwondo Training Center.
7. I HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE, INJURIES, COSTS
(INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) THAT MAY INCUR AS A RESULT OF MY, OR THE MINOR PARTICIPANT'S, PARTICIPATION IN ANY OF THE
TAEKWONDO TRAINING CENTER EVENT, EVEN IF THE INJURY OR DAMAGE IS CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER FAULT OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES.
8. In the event that any provision hereof shall be adjudged by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not effect the remaining provision, and this agreement of release shall be construed to the extent possible as if such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision, or part thereof, had never been contained herein.
9. I have read this agreement of release and I understand all of its terms and provisions, all my questions have been answered. I clearly understand all of the risks involved in any Activity. There are no oral statements or representations made to me not contained in this agreement. I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I OR THE MINOR PARTICIPANT IS HURT, I WILL HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE A CLAIM OR SUE ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES.
10. I understand and acknowledge that this agreement of release and any prior agreements of release executed by me shall apply to me or the minor participant's current involvement in the Activity and will be binding on me and the minor participant in any subsequent renewal of my membership with any of the released parties.